Sunday, August 2, 2015

Boat Diaper Cake

Hello, Baby Lovers!

It's been a while since I made a diaper cake.  I decided to make one that was shaped like a boat.


The boat and sails were made from baby receiving blankets.  I purchased a set of 3 from Walmart and they were around $10 in total.  The were attached onto a 1/4" wooden rod using fabric glue.  The wooden rod was purchased at Michaels.


The little flag at the top says:  "Ahoy, It's a Boy" and is made from white card stock.  The other images:  life preserver, anchor and boat wheel (helm?) are all images I purchased from the Silhouette store and cut from card stock on my Cameo.  They are attached using foam tape.

The railing is made using popsicle sticks and ribbon.  The ribbon is glued to the sticks using fabric glue.


The person receiving this diaper cake owns a boat; so I heat pressed the boat's name to the side.

Thanks for stopping by today! ~ Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment